Features of a test version of the Telegram blockchain platform
TON investors received letters from developers in which they described in detail the testing of the Blockchain platform. In April, some companies that participated in the testing as trade contractors gained access to the test version. At the end of May, developers announced the recruitment of the development team for testing the project. Pavel Durov indicated that the project will be launched in the third quarter of 2019. It should be noted that the TON project must be launched no later than 31 October 2019. Otherwise, Durov will need to return $1.7 billion to investors.
The Bell online newspaper analyzed the technical documents of the project. Conclusions were made about the future prospects of the entire project based on a detailed analysis. There are:
- It is planned that the project will be able to replace the standard social network with a variety of convenient functions. TON provides personal services, applications, and even the ability to create sites based on blockchain technology. In addition, there are systems resembling web browsers. In addition, TON can be freely embedded into existing applications.
- The project will have a large variety of services. Still, the main one should be considered TON Payments and its wallet for cryptoactive assets. TON DNS service will remodel the addresses in a readable form. Many services will be implemented in Telegram. However, this messenger will not be the only application. There are plans to launch something similar to the social network like FB.
- The project architecture allows you to process millions of transactions per second.
- Security is provided using elliptical cryptography. For this reason, Fift programming language was developed.
- At the moment, low-level services are developed. In particular, the creation of smart contracts or transfer of funds. However, at the same time, it is not yet clear when the developers begin to develop middle and top-level services.
The end product will include:
- Along with internal projects, the ability to connect the TON to external applications via special gateways is implemented.
- There is a possibility of the emergence of hybrid applications that will work both inside TON and outside the project.
- Telegram messenger will be TON’s service. Possible ones – TON Payments and TON Proxy.
- TON Payments has the option of not activating the wallet but at the same time making transfers to it. The funds will be credited to the account immediately after the activation of the wallet. Up to this point, they will be stored in Blockchain.
Features of the test version of the project
- Funds are transferred using Blockchain technology and smart contracts.
TON is Blockchain, which consists of many individual Blockchains connected by one network. In addition to the main chain, there are 2 ^ 32 workchains. Also, each of them can be divided into 2 ^ 60 shardchains. Thanks to the use of such a scheme, it will be possible to process millions of transactions per second.
- Smart contracts are considered self-executing contracts. Technically, they look like an executable code written in a special language. They are provided with Gram coin.
- Smart contracts are inactive without a token. The developers created a special test giver for the test version, which issues 20 tokens to everyone who wants to test their smart contract.
- The file with the smart contract is moved to the Telegram Open Network Virtual Machine. It monitors the further implementation of the smart contract.
- Due to the combo of the created virtual machine and a special program language, all operations are carried out as quickly as possible.
- The project implemented a special encryption system, which is carried out using 2 schemes: EdDSA25519 (issues hundreds of signatures per second) and Curve25519 (used for asymmetric cryptography).
What stage had been reached in the development?
At the moment, the virtual machine that simulates a standard PC is ready. It is engaged in the implementation of the desired platform. All the services of the lowest level are almost ready. Framework for the blockchain client is ready. However, it still needs to be integrated into the instant messenger.
Why the programming language was called Fift?
It is most likely that Fift means “fifth.” However, because of the limitations of the OS, it is necessary to use a shortened version.
The Bell specialists used all publicly available information to analyze the project. Many data are posted on the site test.ton.org. For today, Nikolay Durov signed four documents.
Thus, it can be said that the new project is using the latest developments in the field of Blockchain technologies. Many of them are the work product of Durovs’ development team. We are waiting for the full launch of the project.